Friday, August 1, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to Nico's Eats!

If you don't know me, you might be wondering what kind of food I like and make. I'm the kind of person who will eat any food once, and so far, there's not much I don't like (except andouillette and sea urchin). But I've always been too intimidated -- or lazy, maybe -- to venture out when my own kitchen is concerned.

I've steered clear of big roasts, whole birds (although I've recently started roasting chicken), whole fish, and laborious procedures in general. That's all going to change.

Sometime next week I will make a salt-crusted fish. The whole fish.

I hope you'll check back now and then to read up on how things are going! Any suggestions for where to find great recipes for the fish are welcome...

2 comments:

Ross Pruden said...

Good idea! I might add a few simple recipes of my own...

Allen said...

I'm looking forward to following along (and sometimes taking part:)) as your culinary adventures unfold!