Friday, August 22, 2008

Bundles of basil: Tomato salad



Here's another basil recipe for you, one that also will help you make use of those fresh, plump tomatoes that are so plentiful this time of year.

Tomato salad

1 large yellow tomato, cut into sections

3 Roma tomatoes, sliced

a handful of grape or cherry tomatoes


















25 medium basil leaves, chopped

1/4 cup finely chopped red onion

drizzle of olive oil

drizzle of white balsamic vinegar

salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste

Arrange the tomatoes on a platter. Top with basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and vinegar.


Coming up next week: My friend Courtney suggested I make something Mexican -- a great idea, I think, considering that's one kind of food I really know nothing about cooking. I love to eat it, though. Jonathan has requested more vegetarian and vegan recipes, so I will make something very veg, too.


I won't have any recipes on Saturday or Sunday because I'll be out of town. Check back on Monday!


Q: Why don't vegetarians eat clowns?

A: Because they taste funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to your Mexican creation........

Jen said...

YUM!!!