Thursday, October 2, 2008

Maple-mustard vinaigrette



This will be a quick post... I just got so excited about it, I had to write it down for you!

I so rarely find salad dressing recipes that I am willing to eat more than once, so I stick to my mom's Dijon vinaigrette or my own adapted version of that with dark balsamic and honey.

Believe me, I've tried tons of dressing recipes -- roasted tomato vinaigrette, cilantro-lime-yogurt, fruit-based concoctions that always seemed to be turn out too sweet for me. The list could go on and on. None of them became staples, but this one will.

I was flipping through old magazines, and I found this recipe for maple-mustard vinaigrette in the February/March 2006 issue of Eating Well. I thought it went deliciously well on top of our strawberry-rich salads the other night.


Maple-mustard vinaigrette (makes 1.25 cups)

1/2 cup canola oil

1/4 cup maple syrup

1/4 cup cider vinegar (I'm partial to the Tree of Life brand of apple cider vinegar)

2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard (I used Maille Old Style Whole Grain Mustard)

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper


Whisk ingredients together.

1 comment:

Jen said...

your blog inspires me! yet another recipe i'll use!