Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mango-raspberry salmon


Believe it or not, I am already getting super excited about the holidays. Christmas, especially. We are going to visit my family in Germany -- my sister, her husband and two kids, and my parents!

I've already started thinking about goodies to make them when I am there. The main feature of mine will be a dessert: pear bars with macadamia nut crust that my sister-in-law Kristen made over the weekend. They were UNBELIEVABLE! I ate far too many. The recipe came from her friend Joni, and I'll definitely post it when I make it. ...Until then: Here's something healthy for you, so you can be extra-bad at the holiday gatherings!


Mango-raspberry salmon (serves 2)*

1/8 cup mango chutney (I like Patak's)

1/8 cup raspberry jam

1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

2 salmon fillets

1.) Whisk together all ingredients (except fillets) in a small bowl.

2.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and place fillets in a small skillet or roasting pan. Pour the mango-raspberry mixture over them, and bake for 30 minutes, covered.

3.) Uncover, and cook for another 10 minutes.

Serve with a salad or roasted lemon broccoli and brown basmati rice or quinoa.

*A note of caution: The sauce in this recipe is very sweet, so spoon some over the salmon while serving, but not too much. It's best to serve the remaining sauce on the side.


No comments: