Monday, December 15, 2008

Jean's turtles


God help us. Can it be?

Can it be that there's yet another delicious sweet in my life? And one that's easy to make, to boot?!

Yes.

My dear friend Jean makes scrumptious holiday treats for her family, and because my birthday falls so close to Christmas, I've happily been the recipient of many a sweet over the years. Last year, there were chocolate truffles. Yesterday, I received homemade turtles.

For this recipe, you'll need mini pretzels, Rolos, and pecan halves. So happy together.


Jean's turtles: verbatim from an e-mail:

"The turtles are easy. Buy those little candy papers and fill a cookie tray with them. First put a pretzel in and then a rolo. Put in the oven at 325 or so for just a few minutes, until they are soft. Then squish a pecan on top.

"I've compared buying bags of Rolos versus the smaller packages by the register. When they are on sale, the smaller packages are a better deal and they are not individually wrapped in foil, so they are a much less pain in the ass."


I love my friend Jean.

No comments: